Exposicion 1957

National School of Fine Arts. Before the founding of the Palace of Fine Arts on May 15, 1956, official cultural activities were held in the "Union Club" located on the Calle El Conde Esq. Hostos, as well as the "Office of Fine Arts" also located on Calle El Conde, between Calle Espaillat and Palo Hincado, less than one block from the Altar of the Fatherland.

It was here that the first biennials and major art events such as major exhibitions of leading European figures arrivals to our country after World War II took place. The National School of Fine Arts was inaugurated on August 19, 1942, when he was based in Street Arzobispo Nouel # 43, months later he was transferred to the Mercedes Street, next to the Plaza of the Church of Mercy. After several transfers (Las Damas, Palace of Fine Arts and the Palace of Borgella) is from 1989, Calle El Conde Esq. Isabel the Catholic.

Its directors are: its founder Manolo Pascual, José Vela Zanetti, José Gausachs, Yoryi Morel, Celeste Woss y Gil, Gilberto Hernandez Ortega, Joaquín Priego, Guillo Pérez, Joaquín Mordán Ciprian, Ana Luisa Garcia (Interim) Marianela Jimenez Reyes and Rosa Tavarez (current director). Drawing, painting, applied arts, sculpture, still life and taught robes. His first teachers were Celeste Woss y Gil, José Gausachs and George Hausdorf.

A policy implemented by the management of the school and its faculty, was to encourage the students to do work with the highest artistic quality to develop their creative abilities and provide society with the opportunity to appreciate the fruits of generation drinking at the inexhaustible source of knowledge and the most refined techniques of those who were their mentors and guides. That is why in the first exhibition of students promoted which opens on July 10, 1943, forty-eight authors with two thousand five hundred works made during the school year participated.

In 1944, the teaching staff is reinforced with the entry of Dr. Mairení Cabral, who impart the subject of Artistic Anatomy and Ing. Friendly Frómeta Professor of Perspective, shortly after being replaced by Ing. Pou Ricart. In 1945 Dr. Oak Toledano father was appointed Professor of Art History. In the same year pupils Luz Maria Castillo, Aida Roques, Jose Luis Alvarez Delmonte, Rafael Pina Melero, Gilberto Fernandez and Luis Martinez Diez Richiez as drawing teachers graduated.


Escuela Nacional de Bellas Artes. Antes de la fundación del Palacio de Bellas Artes el 15 de mayo de 1956, las actividades culturales oficiales se celebraban en el “Club Unión” sito en la Calle El Conde Esq. Hostos, así como en las “Salas de Bellas Artes” situadas también en la Calle El Conde, entre la Calle Espaillat y la Palo Hincado, a menos de una cuadra del Altar de la Patria. Fue aquí en donde se celebraron las primeras bienales y grandes eventos artísticos, como las importantes exposiciones de destacadas figuras europeas llegadas a nuestro país a raíz de la Segunda Guerra Mundial.

La Escuela Nacional de Bellas Artes se inauguró el 19 de agosto de 1942, cuando tenía su sede en la Calle Arzobispo Nouel #43, meses después fue trasladada a la Calle Mercedes, al lado de la Plazoleta de la iglesia de las Mercedes. Luego de varios traslados (Las Damas, Palacio de Bellas Artes y el Palacio de Borgella) está desde 1989, en la Calle El Conde Esq. Isabel La Católica.

Sus directores han sido: su fundador Manolo Pascual, José Vela Zanetti, José Gausachs, Yoryi Morel, Celeste Woss y Gil, Gilberto Hernández Ortega, Joaquín Priego, Guillo Pérez, Joaquín Mordán Ciprian, Ana Luisa García (Interina) Marianela Jiménez Reyes y Rosa Tavárez (Actual directora). Se enseñaba dibujo, pintura, artes aplicadas, escultura, bodegones y ropajes. Sus primeros profesores fueron Celeste Woss y Gil, José Gausachs y George Hausdorf.

Una política implantada por la dirección de la escuela y su cuerpo docente, fue la de estimular al estudiantado a realizar trabajos con la más elevada calidad artística a fin de desarrollar su capacidad creadora y brindar a la sociedad la oportunidad de apreciar los frutos de la generación que bebía en la inagotable fuente del conocimiento y las más refinadas técnicas de quienes eran sus mentores y guías. Es por ello que en la primera exposición de alumnos promovidos que se inaugura el 10 de julio de 1943, participaron cuarenta y ocho autores con unas dos mil quinientas obras efectuadas durante el año escolar.

En 1944, el cuerpo profesoral es reforzado con el ingreso del Dr. Mairení Cabral, quien impartiría la materia de Anatomía Artística, y el Ing. Amable Frómeta como profesor de Perspectiva, siendo poco tiempo después sustituido por el Ing. Pou Ricart.

En 1945 el padre Dr. Roble Toledano fue nombrado profesor de Historia del Arte. En este mismo año se graduaron los alumnos Luz María Castillo, Aida Roques, Luis José Álvarez Delmonte, Rafael Pina Melero, Gilberto Fernández Diez y Luis Martínez Richiez, como profesores de dibujo.

Exposicion

Catalogue in 4 pages with the woks of art of the Exhibition of Paintings from 1957 in Trujillo City.

Catalogo de 4 paginas de las obras de la Exposicion de Pinturas del 1957 en Ciudad Trujillo. Tamaño es 6.5 po 10 pulgadas.

4 images